It is a common occurrence to find stickers on laptops as people move around and change their environment.
Sometimes you might want to remove those stickers or maybe they were there by accident.
You can remove stickers from your laptop with a few simple steps
There are many ways How to Remove Stickers from laptops.
You can use a hairdryer or heat gun to melt the adhesive, but this is very time-consuming and not always effective.
A more popular method of removing stickers is to soak them in warm water for about 10 minutes before peeling off the sticker with rubbing alcohol.
This process is quick and easy, but it may leave behind some residue on your laptop that leads to unsightly scratches when rubbed against the surface.
Step 1 Gather your supplies.
You will need a sticker remover, Goo Gone, a rag or paper towel, and some elbow grease.
[amazon box=”B07TVM7W35,B000LLUNW8,B082W29G1C” grid=”3″]
Step 2 Apply sticker remover.
There are a few ways to do this, but we will use Goo Gone as our example.
Apply Goo Gone liberally to the sticker and let it sit for a minute or two.
The adhesive should start to break down and the sticker will become easy to peel off. If there is any residue left behind, proceed to Step 3
Step 3 Scrape off the stickers
If the Goo Gone doesn’t work, try a plastic razor blade. Be very careful when using a razor blade as it can easily damage your laptop if used incorrectly.
If the sticker is still stubborn and won’t come off, you can use some rubbing alcohol to help loosen it up. Wet a rag or paper towel with the alcohol and place it over the sticker.
Let it sit for a minute or two, then start scraping off the sticker.
Be careful not to damage your laptop when scraping off the stickers.
Step 4 Wipe down the laptop with a cloth
Once you have removed all of the stickers, give your laptop a quick wipe down with a clean rag or paper towel to remove any leftover adhesive or residue.
Congratulations, you have successfully removed stickers from your laptop. Now go enjoy your sticker-free device.
How to Remove Stickers from Laptop with a hairdryer
1. Find a hairdryer and some cotton balls
2. Turn the hairdryer on and hold it about 12 inches from the sticker
3. Place a cotton ball over the top of the sticker to protect your laptop’s surface
4. Slowly move the hairdryer back and forth over the sticker for 10-20 seconds
5. The sticker should easily peel off with no residue left behind
6. Repeat steps 2-5 until all stickers are removed from your laptop’s surface
7. If you’re still having trouble removing all of the glue, try using Goo Gone spray or rubbing alcohol
How to remove stickers from laptop using baking soda and vinegar
1. Before you start, turn off the laptop and unplug it from the wall
2. Pour a small amount of baking soda onto a sponge or rag
3. Dampen the area where the sticker is with vinegar
4. Apply pressure to remove as much residue as possible, then wipe away any leftover residue with a dry cloth
5. Turn on your laptop and enjoy. (If this doesn’t work for you, try using rubbing alcohol instead)
6. Remember not to use these solutions on sensitive surfaces like keyboards or screens – they can ruin them.
Point to note I strongly suggest your read the guide on how to clean a laptop keyboard and the guide on how to clean a laptop screen
Can you use wd40 to remove stickers?
Yes, you can! It’s a great alternative to using Goo Gone, and it works almost as well.
Before you start removing the stickers, make sure your laptop is turned off and unplugged from the wall.
Clean any residue left behind with rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover (acetone) before applying WD-40.
Once that’s done, spray WD-40 liberally over the sticker and let it sit for a minute or two.
The adhesive will start to break down and the sticker will become easy to peel off. If there is any residue left behind, proceed to the Steps below:
[amazon box=”B000JCGU8U,B07PVBD58K,B098SQHMWG” grid=”3″]
Steps to remove stickers from a laptop with WD-40:
- Apply rubbing alcohol liberally over the sticker to loosen it up
- Use a plastic razor blade or other sharp objects to scrape off the stickers. Keep in mind that when using a razor, you must be cautious since it may scratch your laptop if utilized incorrectly.
- Wipe down the surface of your laptop with rubbing alcohol and let dry completely before turning it on again. If there is any leftover residue from the stickers, try using Goo Gone spray.
- Remember not to apply WD-40 near your laptop’s keyboard or screen as it can damage them easily.
Our Conclusion on How to Remove Stickers from Laptop
Removing stickers from your laptop can be a challenge. There are many ways you can remove them, but they all have pros and cons that may or may not work for the sticker in question.
For example, if the sticker is on top of your keyboard, it might be best to use rubbing alcohol at room temperature with Q-tips to avoid harming any keys beneath the surface.
If there’s no risk of damaging anything below where the adhesive was placed, then using an ice cube could help loosen up some stubborn adhesives before removing them by scraping away what you can without leaving behind residue on surrounding surfaces.
As always when working with electronics or other items made of plastic or metal parts that easily scratch, take extra care while using sharp objects and make sure you’re working in a well-ventilated area.
If all else fails, we recommend using Goo Gone spray or WD-40 to remove stickers from laptop cases, screens and keyboards without causing damage.
More Useful Guide on the same topic of How to Remove Stickers from Laptop